This page will help you set up and use the Unity XR SDK development environment for Varjo headsets. The XR SDK is a plugin framework for Unity with numerous benefits for developers.
Read more about the XR SDK in Unity's blog article and XR SDK documentation.
To learn more about Unity XR development and practices, please familiarize yourself with Unity's XR documentation.
You will need the following to set up the Unity environment:
- A computer that meets the system requirements
- Varjo Base 3.0.0 or newer
- SteamVR (if SteamVR™ tracking is used)
- Unity 2020.3.0f1 or newer with Windows build support
- Unity build set to Windows Standalone 64-bit
- A project using DirectX 11/12* (OpenGL/Vulkan are currently not supported)
- Varjo Unity XR SDK Plugin
- A Varjo headset (optional)
*DX 12 requires Unity 2021.2 or newer
The Getting started section will help you download and install the Varjo XR plugin for Unity.
Developing without the Varjo headset
On the Developer tools in Varjo Base page you can find information on how to test your build without the Varjo headset.